Colusa County Farmers' Markets
The Arbuckle Farmers' Market
This market runs from June through August at the LaVanche Hursch Park in downtown Arbuckle. The Market is held Wednesday evenings from 5:00-7:00 and is hosted by the Arbuckle Revitalization Committee. The Market features locally grown fruit, vegetables, nuts, eggs, flowers, olive oil, meat and crafts. It also features a weekly BBQ dinner by Market Street Grill or Two Chicks Creations. For more information on this Market, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or like us on Facebook.
The Colusa Certified Farmers' Market - Now on Thursday!
This market runs from June through September at Veterans Memorial Park. The Market is held on Thursday evenings from 4:00-7:00 p.m. and is hosted by the Colusa County Chamber of Commerce. The Market features fruit, vegetables, nuts, eggs, flowers, crafts and fresh mushrooms from Colusa’s own Premier Mushrooms. For more information on this Market, please contact: email@example.com
Growers and Crafters –
- Contact the Market managers to become a vendor
- Think about value-added farm products
- Look into the new Cottage Food Law that allows some processed foods to be made in your home kitchen
- You don’t have to have a big farm to participate in a Farmers' Market
Shoppers – Why support our local Farmers' Markets?
- Fresh, local food is superior in nutrition and taste
- Shopping locally has less environmental impact
- Supporting local farms helps to preserve agriculture
- Shopping locally supports your local economy
- Supporting local producers creates community connections
- You can talk to the farmer/crafter directly
- You can try new recipes and find unique gifts
- Farmers' Markets are great community events where you can socialize with old friends and make new friends